Monday, December 12, 2011

My first chalk paint project

I have decided to buy some old antique dressers since my current dresser didn't work right. The drawers keep falling out of place when I open them and it drives me crazy to put it back together. I don't think new furniture's quality is as great as the old antique one.

I found 2 old dressers from craigslist for cheap and bought them. So far I have finished one of them. I stripped the old layers off and sanded it. I painted it and used clear and dark wax from Annie Sloan on the surface after the paint got dried. After that, you can sand off the edge and the surface to have this old distress look on
the dresser.

I found the chalk paint recipes from one of the blog websites that I have been reading.

Chalk paint recipes:
1 cup of paint
1 tbs of unsanded grout
Mix them together until it is smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment